Links for Teachers
ERIC (Educational Resources Information Center) is a federally-funded clearinghouse containing a variety of educational services and products. This Web site contains thousands of lesson plans that can be searched by key words.
This website is an excellent teacher tool. Links are grouped according to topic and level. Curriculum ideas, research tools, treasure hunts, and articles are all included.
Early Learning Illinois
Find out about press releases, research and organizations related to early childhood education.
- Foundation for Comprehensive Early Literacy Learning (CELL)
- Illinois Early Learning Project
This Illinois State Board of Education sponsored website offers a variety of resources for parents and educators, including a wealth of helpful, easy-to-read Tip Sheets covering a range of subjects (i.e. math, reading), which are free!
- Kathy Schrock's Guide for Educators
From Discovery School, this fully-stocked website contains categorized lists of other sites designed specifically for enhancing or extending classroom curriculums. All core subjects plus entertainment, business, holidays, reference, sports, weather links, and more are included. Site also contains Clip Art Gallery, Puzzle Makers, Brain Boosters, and Lesson Plan Libraries.
- PALS activities
Variety of activities arranged by grade level for teachers and tutors categorized by “Phonological Awareness” skills and “Literacy Skills”.
Additional Links for Teachers:
- American Library Association
- Center for the Improvement of Early Reading Achievement
- Center for Literacy and Disabilities Studies
- The Council for Exceptional Children Division for Early Childhood
- High/Scope Educational Research Foundation
- Language Is the Key
- National Association for the Education of Young Children
- National Center for Family Literacy
- PBS for Early Childhood Teachers
- Get Ready to Read
- Colorin Colorado (A service of the Reading Rockets Project) (Bilingual info)
- Sites for Teachers
- Learning Planet (for Teachers)
- Starfall.com (for Educators)