Family Center Information
The purpose of the DELL-D Family Center is to provide a variety of resources to the families who have children participating in the DELL-D Project. Inside the Family Center you will find a comfortable environment filled with materials to help your child read, speak and learn. Additionally, Sandy Hufford, a highly qualified Family Liaison, is on staff to help provide information about developing language and literacy at home.
The Family Center is located inside the ECICAA Family and Community Development Center and is open from Monday-Friday from 8:00 – 4:30pm. However, the Family Center hours of operation are subject to change. Please feel free to call 217-446-1800 extension 113, if you have any questions.
DELL-D Family Center
501 Kimball Street
Danville, IL 61832
(217) 446-1800 x 113
Items that are available for loan include the following:
- Flannel stories, props and puppets are available to help bring the story to life and engage the child.
- A collection of hardcover and paperback books children’s favorites.
- Audio books (CD or cassette) that allow children to hear the words and story of the book they are reading.
- Videos to demonstrate how families can support their children’s early literacy learning
- Educational games that promote reading and writing skills.