Making a Difference
This section highlights how DELL-D is making a difference for children and teachers in Danville. It also includes a summary of the research and findings of the DELL-D Project and what we have learned that may help others.
See news articles that have been written about DELL-D!
- “A New Experience” by Barbara Greenberg. June 18, 2008. Commercial-News, Danville, IL.
- “DELL-D Provides Fun Activities” by Jennifer Bailey. June 18, 2008. Commercial-News, Danville, IL.
- “Developing a Formula” by Pat Phillips. June 17, 2008. News Gazette, Champaign, IL.
- “Literacy Grant to Boost Preschools in Danville” by Noelle McGee. August 30, 2007. News Gazette, Champaign, IL.
- “Interaction Groups to Reach More Families” by Julie Wurth. January 29, 2008. News Gazette, Champaign, IL.
- “Preschool Primes Kids” by Mary Wicoff. January 19, 2008. Commercial-News, Danville, IL.
- “Large Grant to Boost Literacy Skills” by Anna Herkamp. September 7, 2007. Commercial-News, Danville, IL.
This section contains the posters and Power Point presentations created by the DELL-D project staff for conferences and institutes. The materials enclosed cover a variety of topics, such as the family component, coaching, tutoring and evaluation.
- Assessment Process [Presentation]
- Characteristics and Observations of Low and High Responders to Intensive Professional Development [Poster]
- Coaching Process [Presentation | Poster]
- Effects of Emergent Literacy Instruction in Preschool on Kindergarten Literacy Scores in Low-Income Children [Poster]
- Engaging Families in Children's Literacy Development [Presentation]
- Fall Letter Naming as a Predictor of End-of-Year Kindergarten Decoding Ability [Poster]
- Family Component [Presentation | Poster]
- Ideas for Embedding Theme-Based Literacy Opportunities into Dramatic Play [Poster]
- Learning Outcomes of Low-Income Preschool Children Selected for Intensive Instruction [Poster]
- Parallel Paths: A Novice Teacher Reflects on Her Journey through an Early Reading First Project [Poster]
- "Research Perspectives from Early Reading First: Demonstrating Influences on Children's Emergent Literacy and Learning" (Mary Abbott, Jeffri Brookfield, and Jeanette McCollum)
- Introduction/Overview [Powerpoint]
- Effects of One versus Two Years of Wy-ERF Early Literacy Instruction (Abbott) [Powerpoint]
- "Tier 3 Instruction: Using Games with a Delayed Prompting Procedure to Teach Code-related Early Literacy Skills" (Brookfield). View at: http://www.uic.edu/educ/erf/publications
- Effects of Pre-Kindergarten on Emergent Literacy in Kindergarten (McCollum) [Powerpoint]
- RTI, Classroom Quality and Professional Development in One Early Reading First Project [Presentation]
- Selecting Children for More Intensive Instruction: The GRTR and More [Presentation]
- Strategies to Help Teachers Facilitate Home Support for Literacy [Poster]
- Supporting Literacy at Home [Presentation]
- Using Data to Plan for Professional Development [Presentation]
- Using Scripted Story Books to Deliver Tier 2 [Presentation]
- Using Tiered Instruction in Preschool: Interviews with Early Reading First Project Leaders [Presentation]
- Who Benefits and How: Quantifying Teacher Change from Coaching [Poster]
- Year 1 Results [Presentation]
View results from Year 1 and Year 2.